YP Donates Refurbished Tech Equipment to Local Charities and Non-Profits
“One man’s ‘trash’ is another man’s treasure.”
At least, that’s how YP℠ looks at it. We sell a lot of our refurbished computers, iPads, and other tech equipment to team members and the general public through a program managed by Sage Sustainable Electronics. Doing so diverts older electronic equipment from landfills – helping to protect the environment – and makes it possible for buyers to score a nice price on gently used equipment.
But YP takes it a step further: we also donate equipment to local charities and non-profits across the country, through Sage’s GoodTogether program. It’s an important part of YP’s mission of helping local businesses and communities grow. Challenged by shrinking budgets, non-profit organizations appreciate any donation to help keep their programs running – and expanding. Plus, it makes us proud to know that we’re doing our part to support our local communities.
“The profits we would have garnered by selling this equipment are a pretty small price to pay for the positive impact we’re making in our communities,” said Jeff Leeson, Director, IT.
Here’s where we’ve donated goods so far:
- Atlanta, GA: Laptops and iPads are on their way to two Atlanta-area charities: BSA Troop 597 in Buford and Bearfoot Ranch, a horse rescue facility in Gainesville. They’re going to sell the goods, putting proceeds toward growing their programs.
- Frazier Park, CA: Laptops, desktops, and monitors are heading to LA-based non-profit radio station, KFZR Community Radio, helping the crew deliver news and tunes to locals.
- Ohio (state-wide): Computers were delivered to several schools in Ohio – the sweet, heartfelt thank you notes sent to YP brought tears to team members’ eyes (see a couple of the thank you notes below).
- Lancaster, OH: iPads were sent to the West After School Program to help students improve their technology skills – helping nearly 300 students at 7 after-school sites.
- Darbyville, OH: Desktops and a Cisco firewall were delivered to update the city’s community computer lab, used by locals to seek work and refresh job skills.
Interested in helping the environment while scoring a great price on refurbished tech equipment? Check out Sage Sustainable Electronics.
Photo Credit (header): Adobe Stock (standard license)
Categorized in: Corporate Culture