YP’s “Print Forward” Initiative Makes an Impact
In 2015, YP℠ kicked off a major initiative to overhaul the look and feel of The Real Yellow Pages® print directories – a strategic effort to create a better end-user experience. This design update includes elements that make the book easier to read, thanks to bigger font sizes and the introduction of color ads, and easier to find the right local businesses to address the immediate needs of local consumers. We’ve also included coupons from local businesses in the book to add that extra bit of immediate end-user value.
Since then, more than 300 YP directory titles across the country have been published in this new “Print Forward” format. The response to these improvements has been impressive:
- In 2016, we’ve seen many of our customers begin to invest more in their Print program.1
- Content enhancements and improved layouts are resulting in print directories with increased page counts and more selling opportunities for our customers.1
This success also mirrors impressive industry statistics2 indicating how local businesses and consumers continue to find incredible value in the Print Yellow Pages:
- References to Print Yellow Pages increased in 2015 by 6.5 percent.
- 71 percent of Print Yellow Pages shoppers will eventually contact a business they’ve found in the book while 84 percent will make or intend to make a purchase.
- The Print Yellow Pages had the second highest purchase rate by new businesses, compared to all other search media.
By the end of 2017, all of The Real Yellow Pages® directories will be produced in the new “Print Forward” format. This effort reflects our ongoing commitment to enhance both our print and digital product portfolios, drive customer value, and engage YP’s ready-to-buy local consumers with a better overall experience that helps them get more done, fast.
1YP Internal data. 2016-2017 publications, excludes ypDirect℠.
2Local Search Association (LSA), Local Media Tracking Study for 2015.
Categorized in: Corporate News